Keeping up your Deck!
The deck on the back of your home probably gets a lot of wear and tear in the summer between BBQ’s and entertainment and just spending time outside in the summer weather while it’s here. But once the season comes to an end you may start seeing how it had some wear and tear on your patio! Looking for ways to keep it looking ship shape? Here you go!
· Use a wrought-iron table and chairs set that can withstand harsh weather conditions. Wrought iron needs little more care than an occasional wire brushing to clean off surface rust.
· If your deck is uncovered, be sure to purchase a table umbrella to keep off the sun.
· Construct a trellis along one side of your deck for ivy to climb.
· Plant an herb garden on your deck.
· Line the deck with flower boxes,or hang them from the deck's railings. Azaleas and begonias brighten up stark wood.
· If you have the space, grow a small tree, such as a ficus, on your deck.
· Home improvement stores stock strings of outdoor lights in decorative shapes (fireflies, Chinese lanterns, stars) to add a festive touch to your nighttime parties. Tiki torches are always a nice touch too.
· Use Citronella lamp oil and candles to help keep the bugs away. If you use artificial floodlights, get yellow bug lights to repel those unwanted guests.
· Hornet/wasp traps are available to attract and kill those venomous visitors.
· Use fine-mesh wire to keep mice, skunks, opossums, neighborhood cats and other critters from taking up residence under your deck.